say it ain’t so!
my new favorite site, into the gloss, did a hilarious piece on the scrunchie, complete with pics of some of our favorite 80s and 90s scrunchie moments. this story really took me back, as it featured pics reminiscent of my childhood/tweendom! some of my favorites:
- clarissa darling from “clarissa explains it all”: remember that show?? i can still hear the theme song in my head: “naaahnaaahnahnah”
- six larue from “blossom”: yes! i thought her name was so cool, and her fashion was to die for! before there was jlo and kim k, she the original non-black girl with a big booty :)
- topanga from “boy meets world”: she had super thick and luxurious hair and big lips - i thought she was gorgeous!
- stephanie/michelle tanner from “full house”: i loved this show. tgif friday tv used to rule!
- rayanne graff from “my so called life”: this. show. was. everything. when it was canceled after only one season i was deeply depressed. it was kind of cutting edge as it featured one of the first openly gay teen characters. and i loved how they always said everyone’s full name whenever they mentioned them :) (i.e., rayanne graff, jordan catalono, etc.)
- all the heathers in “heathers”: i already did a post on this movie…it was definitely one of my teen angst obsessions.
while this walk down memory lane warmed my heart, i cannot imagine that scrunchies will ever be cool again. this is one of the those unfortunate trends that need to remain a distant and horrifying fashion memory.
that is all. as you were…i’m needed elsewhere.
i’m sure you have something amazing to add. click here to #getinvolved!